Don’t mind me, I’ll just be over here slaying like the #girlboss that I am! (Thank you Sophia Amoruso for giving us a name!)
The corporate world is often frowned upon when it comes to fashion. However, if you take some risks and mix and match some pieces, you can be just as fashionable at the office as you are going out. I don’t even work in an office setting, but I know what to wear if I ever do! For this outfit, I wanted to be viewed as strong, driven, and hard working, but still feel sexy…basically, I wanted to be Wonder Woman. So I paired my fitted black Express dress with a loose and breezy sleeveless Topshop duster (similar) and a fierce pair of black and faux snake Sam Edelman pumps. Personally, I think I achieved it, but then again I’m biased because it’s my look!
Here are some other ideas of how to be the Wonder Woman of your office:
- Super wide-leg pant with a fitted blouse (pinstripes are uber professional and will lengthen those gams!)
- Solid colored dress pant and blouse with a print or colorful jacket
- Swap out your blazer for a cool moto jacket
- Add a sexy silk/lace camisole under your pantsuit for a feminine touch
- Traditional jumpsuit with a great fitting blazer
- Culottes with a mock neck or turtleneck top, whether long or short sleeved
- Avoid tights and wear knee high boots with a pencil or asymmetrical knee length skirt
Honestly, there are so many ways to vamp up your work wardrobe…the possibilities are endless! Leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite or go-to ensemble is!
Until next time…stay golden!